How We Can Serve You
U.S. TITLE can supply title insurance to cover costs, attorney's fees, and expenses
to defend your title as insured. Your property can be fully protected for
as long as you own it. The policy can even protect your heirs, should you
But providing title insurance is only one part of our full range of customer
services. Our comprehensive database and consistently upgraded computer
technology give our clients the edge with quick access and speed of process.
Many community members rely on our experienced professional staff and high-tech
information system for answers to their real estate questions.
The Need for Title Protection
In today's complicated world, property owners need title protection more
than ever. A deed to a piece of property does not necessarily prove that the seller is the owner of the property. The will or deed could be
forged, undisclosed heirs could lay claim to the land, or errors in clerical
work could endanger a person's legal title to his land.
As early as 1640, Americans saw the need for a safe, accurate system of
recording land transactions in the public records. Later, land title insurance
was developed in the 1870s as a safeguard against forged records, inaccurate
record searches, and other title problems.
Realtors, Buyers, and Sellers
A smooth real estate closing requires technical knowledge and experience. U.S. TITLE acts as an escrow agent, holding legal documents and funds on behalf of
a buyer and seller. All parties involved in a transaction rely on the escrow
holder to follow the instructions of both parties without bias. Whether
it's a multi-million dollar closing, a multi-state transaction, or closing
on the house around the corner, U.S. TITLE can supply quick and accurate service.
Attorneys and Lenders
With our fully computerized title records and escrow systems, U.S. TITLE can provide fast, reliable information regarding lien status and federal
and state tax liens. Our database allows access to legal descriptions and
property owners as well as complete copies of any instrument affecting real
estate filed in the courthouse records in Gregg, Upshur, Rusk, Harrison, and Sabine counties Texas. We provide
attorneys the best title information and assistance for their examination
of real estate titles, closing, and curing of title defects.
Service is Our Policy
Above all, our job is to make your job easier. Our knowledgeable, responsive
staff is dedicated to meeting your needs.
Stephen W. McDaniel
- President and Director of U.S. Title Company, Inc.
- Board Certified in Commercial & Residential Real Estate Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
- Juris Doctors Degree, Baylor University School of Law, 1969
- Associate Editor Baylor Law Review, Baylor University School of Law
- Special Agent, Federal Bureau of Investigation, 1969-1973
- Practicing Attorney in Longview since 1973
Chicago Title Insurance Company
Stewart Title Guaranty Company
Fidelity National Title Insurance Company
Commonwealth Title Insurance Company
Sales Agreement Information Checklist
- 1. Sellers full legal names.
- Single? Husband and wife? Widow? Etc.
- A. Full physical address of sellers, including the zip code.
- B. Daytime phone number where seller can be reached.
- C. Social security numbers of the sellers. Indicate his-hers.
- 2. Buyers' full legal names.
- *Need same information as from Seller except for the social security numbers.
- 3. Legal description of the property which may be obtained from:
- A. Copy of prior deed or deed of trust regarding the subject property.
- B. A copy of a previous survey plat made when property was purchased, if
- 4. Street, highway, or rural route address of property.
- 5. The amount of earnest money deposit to be made under terms of the contract
(If earnest money is to be deposited.)
- 6. Proposed sale price. Amounts of down payment and proposed loan.
- 7. Name of proposed Lender. Proposed loan conventional or FHA/VA?
- 8. Name, address, and phone number of existing lender-you also need loan
- 9. If the current record owners at the courthouse (the previous purchasers
of the property) are different, in any way, from the names of the sellers
in this transaction, a detailed explanation of the the circumstances and
persons involved will be necessary.
- 10. Regarding the condition of the property:
A. The property is to be conveyed in "as is" condition.
- B. The buyer will have the option, at his expense, to have property inspected
by licensed inspectors.
NOTE: Effective January 1, 1994, Section 5.008 of the Texas Property Code requires
a seller of residential real property of not more than one dwelling unit
to deliver a copy of the Seller's Disclosure Notice, completed to the best
of the seller's belief and knowledge, to a purchaser on or before the effective
date of a contract for the sale of the property. If a contract is entered
into without the seller providing the notice, the buyer may terminate the
contract for any reason within seven (7) days after receiving the notice.
If information required by the notice is unknown to the seller, the seller
may indicate that fact on the notice and thereby comply with the requirements
of Section 5.008 of the Texas Property Code.
Selling Your Home or Other Property?
We'll be glad to help!
Your realtor will provide many valuable services in the marketing and sale
of your home. When your agent asks if you have a preference with regard
to title insurance, escrow and closing services we hope you'll specify U.S. Title Company.
The staff at U.S. Title prepares for and closes home and other property loans every day.
If you have questions or don't have an agent to tell you how to proceed
once you have a buyer for your home or other property, give us a call! (903) 753-9666.
OUR OFFICE LOCATIONS:
U.S. Title Company, Inc.
1000 N. High St.
Longview, TX 75606
903-753-9666 - Phone
903-753-6524 - Fax
U. S. Title Company, Inc.
217 West Tyler
P. O. Box 1027
Gilmer, Texas 75644
903-680-2500 - Phone
903-680-2505 - Fax
| Rusk County
U. S. Title Company, Inc.
210 North Main
Henderson, Texas 75652
903-657-8400 - Phone
903-657-1643 - Fax
| Sabine County
Toledo Bend Title
155 S. Texas St.
P.O. Box 1090
Hemphill, Texas 75948
409-787-3161 - Phone
409-787-2927 - Fax
| Harrison County
U. S. Title of Harrison County, Inc.
402 W. Bowie
Marshall, Texas 75670
903-923-0622 - Phone
903-923-0627 - Fax
|Harrison County - Hallsville
U. S. Title of Harrison County, Inc.
102 W. Willow, Ste. B
HAllsville, Texas 75650
903-668-2190 - Phone
903-668-2196 - Fax